For Immediate Release
December 21, 2016
CETHAN CARTER, COREY CLEMENT, DYLAN COLE, DYLAN DONAHUE, D.J. JONES, JAVARIUS LEAMON COMMIT TO 2017 NFLPA COLLEGIATE BOWL
The NFL Players Association is proud to announce the next set of player commitments to the 2017 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. Joining the National and American team rosters are Nebraska tight end Cethan Carter, Wisconsin running back Corey Clement, Missouri State linebacker Dylan Cole, West Georgia defensive lineman Dylan Donahue, Mississippi defensive lineman D.J. Jones, and South Carolina State offensive lineman Javarius Leamon. Highlights from the five committed players include:
- In nine games, Carter totaled 17 receptions for 156 yards and scored one touchdown for the Huskers from the tight end position.
- Clement has rushed for 1,304 yards and scored 14 touchdowns on 292 carries through 12 games this season for the Badgers.
- Cole led the Bears defense this season with 142 tackles – 85 of which were solo takedowns. He added two interceptions and four broken up passes for Missouri State.
- With 67 total tackles, 20 tackles for loss of 87 yards and 13.5 sacks for a loss of 54 yards, Donahue led was a beast this season for the Wolves defense.
- Through 12 games this season, Jones has tallied 30 tackles, two sacks and one interception.
- A strong part of the offensive line, Leamon paved the way for the Bulldogs to rush for 1,663 yards and 14 touchdowns on the ground.
In this year’s NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, Mike Martz will look to defend his 2016 National Team title against Jim Zorn’s American Team at StubHub Center on the campus of California State University Dominguez Hills. The Jan. 21 game will be broadcast by Fox Sports on FS1 with kickoff slated for 1 p.m. PST/4 p.m. EST.
About the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl:
Founded in 2012, the annual NFLPA Collegiate Bowl gives prospective players the best opportunity to showcase their talents to potential employers and fans. Nearly 200 scouts, player personnel staff, general managers and head coaches from all 32 NFL teams are expected be in attendance to watch live practices, conduct player interviews and review tape. Participants in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl have the unique opportunity to network with and learn from current and former NFL players. These veterans provide players with first-hand insight on what it takes to win on and off the field. Since its inception, many players have gone on to begin careers in professional football, with notable Collegiate Bowl alumni including Seattle Seahawks quarterback Trevone Boykin (2016 alum), San Diego Chargers linebacker Jatavis Brown (2016), Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Chris Conley (2015) and Oakland Raiders punter Marquette King (2012).